Monday, August 2, 2010

Hummus: The Multitasker

Not only is hummus a good source of protein, fiber, Omega-3s, and amino acids, it's also great for manicures, facials, and hair treatments...well, at least as far as Christopher is concerned. He loves to reach into a bowl of hummus, squish it between his fingers, then smear it all over his face and into his hair, and then it goes into his mouth. "Peace yo."

The hummus was one of the new receipes I've tried out recently, trying to keep our meals relatively cheap and really healthy (with a lot of lean protein and fiber) and to introduce new stuff to the kids. It's working out well...thanks to Vojn not being here for dinner most of the time (he's not so experiemental) and Reilly eating almost anything (except for asparagus tips). We've recently had quinoa with curry and raisins; chicken souvlaki with naan, hummus, cucumber, and tomato; and tonight I'm going to try to make my own veggie burgers (with carrots, zucchini, beets, kale, flax seed, walnuts, black sesame seeds, and some other stuff), or maybe we'll have pasta primavera with one of the quinoa pastas I got.

So, what have you wanted to try? Go do it! Don't wait! What if it's the best thing ever? What if it's not? Tell me what you end up doing...so I can feel like I inspired someone. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment