Friday, August 27, 2010

Don't Give a Bath to a Baby with Loose Stools

I figure you can tell by the title, but do not read this post if you have a weak stomach.

Yesterday I was done with work, we had a great dinner (yummy shrimp, tofu, and veggie stir fry), and it was time for a bath for the boys. We turned on the bubbles, and they were splashing and laughing, and climbing all over each other, and then I see something. Is that some bits of dried leaf? Wait, a piece of corn? "OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Reilly get out the tub, Christopher pooed!!!"

Reilly gets out, completed disgusted. I grab Christopher, turn on the shower, and put them both in there while I start cleaning out the tub. Ok, where do I start? Christopher's digestion was still a bit off from eating too many grapes, so it wasn't nice little clumps, though there were some pieces that were big enough not to make it down the drain. Yup, I had to fish it out with my hands. Then we get to cleaning the tub itself. That part was easy, just a Comet scrub finished with a good spray of Clorox Anywhere. Now we move on to the tub toys. I had to rinse all the "pieces" off them, then throw them in a bucket of water/Clorox. Ahh, all done.

NOT. Reilly yells, "Mom, it's in here too!" Yup, what kind of dummy leaves the poopy kid in the shower while cleaning up the mess. As much as you want to take care of it immediately, get the kid out of the shower and diapered up first. At least he gave me just enough time to clean the tub. So, I pull the boys out of the shower, wrap them in towels, and do the same Comet/Clorox Anywhere treatment to the shower. Then I hear the sound of water on carpet. That's right folks, I had not yet learned my lesson! Christopher peed on the carpet. Why the heck hadn't I put a diaper on him?! But it was just pee.

Finally got a diaper on Christopher, got PJs on the boys, got everything cleaned up, and got the boys to bed. Well-deserved drink in hand, I sat in my chair trying to clear my mind of the whole ordeal. This was not the end to my wonderful night that I was hoping for.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! ROTFL
    I have never had to deal with that --
    I have had a three year old exploding out of both ends and a husband trying not to vomit in the hallway....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clorox Anywhere? Clorox EVERYWHERE.

    This reads like an animation at a Spike & Mike's Sick & Twisted Animation Fest, especially the doubling back for some good ol' #1. Classic stuff..

    Thanks for sharing, Christopher.

    ReplyDelete